1.2

I ordered a rocking recliner chair from Potter Barn Kids in July of 2016. We received the chair in September as it was a custom upholstery item.

6 weeks after receiving the chair, the seam in the arm split. I called Pottery Barn customer service to see how to get this repaired. Originally I was told the warranty was only 4 weeks and my 6 weeks was over the limit. First off, as our seam rip is CLEARLY a manufacturing defect (the chair was hardly used), I found that poor customer service that I was originally told nothing could be done as I was 2 weeks over the warranty end.

After chatting some more with them and sending in a picture, they agreed to fix the arm. The original plan was to send out the "furniture doctor" and get the arm replaced. After hearing no further feedback for weeks, I called back to see what the status was. Customer Service apologized and said they did not know what happened.

At that point they issued a full replacement for the chair. They stated the chair should arrive in May. Around June/July after AGAIN hearing nothing back on this replacement path, I called back. They said the chair was sitting in a warehouse and did not know why no one called.

They scheduled the chair for delivery right away. I also spoke with someone else in customer service who offered a $450 "we're sorry for your troubles" refund. When the delivery folks came to bring the new chair and take away the old, guess what?! They had no new chair.

Their order was simply to take away the old chair. I told them that was not the plan, and kept the old/broken chair. They said someone from Pottery Barn would call me back with the new plan. Again, heard NOTHING back from Pottery Barn.

Eventually I called back. It seems like the $450 credit the man from customer service gave me triggered a return in the system. So that is why the delivery team had no new chair for us. Now the plan was that the person would look into what happened and call me back.

(This was on August 9th.) Again, heard NOTHING back from Pottery Barn. I called back today (August 30th). After waiting 20 minutes on hold, the first woman transferred me to the furniture department as she was unable to help. After waiting a total of 33 minutes I finally just hung up out of pure frustration.

As you can see, this has been an EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING process. It has been almost A YEAR since we ordered a replacement for our poor quality chair and STILL HAVE NO CHAIR!!!! What aggravates this even more, is that every time I call Customer Service, I first wait a good 20 minutes to get to a person. Then that person has to read through the now saga of background on this order which takes another 10-20 minutes.

We come up with a plan, and then.....NOTHING! No one calls back, and no plan is executed successfully. After over a year, all I have is a broken nursery chair with absolutely NO response back from Pottery Barn Customer Service.

NEVER BUY A PIECE OF POTTERY BARN FURNITURE!!!!!!! If you do, pray it never breaks.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pottery Barn Kids Recliner.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

PotteryBarnKidsSocialTeam

We are truly sorry to hear about your frustrating experience and we'd like to speak with you to assist with a satisfactory resolution. Please forward your order details to support@potterybarnkids.com.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you!

Pottery Barn Kids Reviews