1.2

Pottery Barn Kids Team,

I’m truly disappointed in the level of guest engagement your team has provided when dealing with trying to get a suitcase for my daughter’s birthday. I placed an order on August 23, and was told it would arrive by Sept.

8. When it came in, it was the wrong name on it-it had “SSG” instead of My daughters name. The rep stated that she would rush order it to get it there for my daughter’s bday. The next day, the rush order was cancelled per “customer request.” After another phone call to Pottery Barn and another 30 min on the phone, they completed the order again and “guaranteed” that I would get it by Sept 12 and that they rushed it.

Multiple emails, phone calls, etc. later, it did not arrive on Sept 12. Fast forward to 9/24, where I received the item finally. My daughter opened it right on the front porch, as she was so excited about her new suitcase.

It was the wrong item, and the wrong name. A unicorn suitcase with “Annalise” instead of a heart suitcase with my daughter’s name. Now I have a child who is so excited about this suitcase that isn’t hers…Another phone call with customer service and I’m told to send this one back (another trip to UPS), and I will get a new one at some point. I decided to cancel the order, yet, pottery Barn won’t even process the return of the item I never received properly until they receive this wrong suitcase back and wait 7-10 days.

I’m told to check and call back again to make sure I’m credited. I’ve talked to multiple agents, exchanged multiple emails, Facebook requests, and phone calls. I don’t understand how a service based company like Pottery Barn could have such poor customer service, especially when a guest has been disappointed a first time. It should not take a guest having to call 5+ times to get information, and then still get the wrong item.

I love Pottery Barn products-my beds, duvets, sheets, curtains, chairs, sofas, etc. are all Pottery Barn.

My daughter has countless items from Pottery Barn Kids. While I haven’t encountered an issue before (other than backordered items), the way that you handled a disappointed customer and your lack of follow up makes me question my decisions in purchasing for the future.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Pottery Barn Kids Cons: Send wrong items, Not as advertised, Lack of delivery.

Comments