3.0
Style and Design

Recently, I purchased bookshelves for my son's playroom. I noticed earlier this week that they are now on sale for 30% off the original price.

Given that I just purchased them within the last week, I called to see if I could get a price adjustment. After waiting on hold for a while and getting transferred to "customer service", I was told that pottery barn does not do price adjustments for their promotions. I expressed some dissatisfaction at this policy. I understand if it I made the purchase more than 30 days ago, but it was within a week!

This is NOT customer focused. In response to my concerns about their policy, the "customer service" representative was very rude and then HUNG UP on me. I called back and spoke to another "customer service" representative and she answered in a monotone voice that they would look into it and dismissed the incident and reiterated that they do not honor price adjustments. Seems silly and short-sighted really for a measly $40 price adjustment.

I surmise based on how I was treated that this is no great loss, but Pottery barn (and its affiliates) has lost a long time, loyal, customer that has spent a considerable amount of money on big ticket items such as furniture and rugs.

In the future, I plan on limiting my business with companies that have the interests of their customers in mind and know the value of treating them with respect (i.e. Crate and Barrel and Amazon).

Review about: Pottery Barn Kids Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service experience.

Comments