I ordered furniture via a customer service rep because I had to delay the shipment due to our vacation schedule (we wouldn't be home during the default delivery time). We were assured the delivery wouldn't arrive before we got home.

To my surprise, the delivery was dropped off at our side door the day after we left for vacation (we were gone for 4 days), in the POURING rain. And the items were supposed to include "white glove" delivery!! Perhaps the tarp with which they attempted to 1/2 way cover the boxes was their version of white glove??? (Note: White Glove delivery includes assembly of the furniture.) To make matters worse, I've been trying to get ahold of the Pottery Barn delivery department for the last 18 hours and NO ONE picks up my call.

I've waited on hold for at least 4 hours. I've spoken to at least 10 Customer Service reps, all of which try to be helpful, but none of which have actually done anything. Now I have 10 heavy boxes sitting on my side porch (which by the way, I can't open the door because they blocked the doorway) and no one to help me.

This door is the closest to my children's bedroom and if ANYTHING happens requiring us to leave through that door we would be stuck inside. AND I'm 7 months pregnant...if I move them myself and ANYTHING happens to me or the baby, Pottery Barn will 100% be liable.

Product or Service Mentioned: White Glove Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 13.

Comments